Curriculum (Scroll Down to View Programs)
As a new and exciting world is emerging for your 2-year-old, our toddler program is designed specifically to enhance your child’s growth and development.
Our staff will be on-hand to establish and guide healthy socialization, stimulate and develop fine motor skills as well as shape and color recognition. Addressing basic problem solving in a fun and playful environment, will help enhance the overall learning experience.
Through the Montessori Method, we make every effort to help the toddler find their own independence and let them grow and develop at their own pace. This learning process is always made to be safe and fun and permits the child to explore their new expanding world.
Our Toddlers Program Offers: (2-Year-Olds)
- qualified and experienced teachers well versed in early childhood development
- student-teacher ratios well below state requirements
- a safe and nurturing environment which allows your child to receive the proper attention they deserve
- staff certified in CPR and first aid
- interaction and proper communication with family to provide progress and growth assessments
- a specialized playground for toddlers only
- before and aftercare programs for families requiring extended hours
As your child grows and begins to master some of the basic life and communication skills, our early pre-kindergarten program will help your child develop these skills that they began to experience in our toddler room.
They will be encouraged to learn and master, fine motor skills and problem solving. Our ‘Play and Learn’ philosophy enhances the learning experience while making the process fun and entertaining.
This helps to reinforce focus and attention skills which is the gateway to true learning. As always, they will encounter a skilled and loving staff member who will help prepare your child for the next step of their development.
Our Early Pre-K Program Offers: (3-Year-Olds)
Our pre-kindergarten program for children ages 3 and 4 is such an important level of development in the life of your child. At this age the focus on socialization and life skills is critical.
It is at this time in your child’s life that they begin to explore and develop relationships that are outside of the immediate family. Friendships with other children are established and these social skills will last a lifetime.
An active curriculum is introduced to broaden your child’s growth in mathematics and language skills. In the true Montessori spirit, your child is encouraged to learn and grow at their own pace in a fun and loving environment.
Our Pre-K Program Offers: (Ages 3 and 4)
- An introduction and eventual completion of the phonetic sounds and the beginnings of their reading skills
- Mathematics including adding and subtracting
- A continuation of practical life skills which include dressing, hygiene and safety
- Additional subjects may be introduced such as, Spanish, music, art or sign language.
- Focus and attention skills are encouraged
Our kindergarten program, with guidance from our accrediting body AdvancEd, provides our students with a strong foundation in phonics, mathematics and introduces such subjects as earth sciences and geography.
Our children will expand their ability to remain attentive and focused and will continue to develop their life skills. They will form bonds and relationships with other children and learn to problem solve in a group setting.
The Montessori Method is very much alive as our children learn in a fun and creative way.
Our Kindergarten Program Offers: (5-Year-Olds)
Our nationally accredited Elementary program is structured as a multi-level combo room which encourages growth, imagination and creative thinking.
Children from 1st to 5th grade are grouped together in one classroom setting, but have unique and specialized curriculum written for their specific level of advancement.
This being a core teaching of the Montessori Method, allows older children to assume the role of ‘mentor” to the younger children and helps the younger children grow and develop faster as they have role models to emulate.
In this environment, all of our students reach a greater level of social awareness and independence.
Our Elementary Program Offers: (Grades 1st through 5th)
- Encourage cooperative learning through peer teaching and social interaction
- Help stimulate growth in cultural experience and knowledge
- Advanced skills in oral and written communication
- Introduction to poetry, art, and music
- Sciences such as astronomy and physics are introduced
- Language studies such as German or Spanish
- Montessori staff qualified in multi-level teaching
- Large outdoor playground able to accommodate physical activity
Summer time is fun time at Sandia Montessori. Our qualified staff is on hand to blend just the right amount of classroom review work with outdoor fun and play.
In a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere our students enjoy special activities and are encouraged to explore topics of their own interest. Fields trips and outdoor daily activities fill the eight weeks of summer with sun and fun.
Our Summer Program Offers: (All Ages)